Building Chinese Web Sites using PHP - Version 2.14, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading Apache 2.2.4 Binary for Windows
This section describes how to download Apache 2.2.4 binary distribution for Windows.
In order to serve PHP scripts as Web pages, you need to have a Web server running and integrated with the PHP engine. The most popular Web server today is Apache (HTTP Server). Here is what I did to download Apache 2.2.4 binary distribution for Windows:
1. Go to Apache HTTP Server Web site.
2. Go to the "Apache 2.2.6 Released" section and click the "Download" link. You will see the Apache download page with a pre-selected download mirror Web site. I used the mirror site: http://apache.cs.utah.edu.
3. Go to the "Apache HTTP Server 2.2.6 is the best available version" section. Do not select any source packages. Click the "Other files" link. You will see a download file directory list.
4. Go to the "Binary Releases" section at the end of the directory list. Click the "binaries/" link. You will see a short list of different operation systems.
5. Click the "win32/" link. You will see a list of binary distribution files.
6. Click "apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi" from the list to start download.
7. Save the downloaded file, apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi, 4,447,744 bytes, in a temporary directory.
Binary distribution of Apache 2.2.6 is not available. I have no choice but to take Apache 2.2.4. The installation tutorial is in the next section.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents