Flash Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.01, by Dr. Herong Yang
Removing Adobe Flash Player from Firefox 26
This section provides a tutorial example on how to uninstall or remove Adobe Flash Player 13 for Firefox 26 from Windows 7 systems
Once installed, Adobe Flash Player will be executed whenever you visit a Web site that uses it to run Flash applications. If you are concerned about the security or performance impact of running Adobe Flash Player, you should uninstall it.
Here is how I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 13 Plugin from my Windows 7 system:
1. Close Firefox and any other Web browsers.
2. Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
3. Double click on "Adobe Flash Player 13 Plugin".
You will see the "Uninstall Adobe Flash Player" screen as shown below:
4. Follow the instruction given by the uninstall dialog box to finish the un-installation process.
5. Run Windows Explorer and go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder. You see these files removed: NPSWF32_13_0_0_214.dll, FlashUtil32_13_0_0_214_Plugin.exe, and flashplayer.xpt.
Last update: 2014.
Table of Contents