Unix/Linux Command Line Programs
This section provides a list of commonly used Unix/Linux command line programs that can be executed on the Bourne shell on Android systems.
Here is a list of commonly used Unix/Linux command line programs that can be executed on the Bourne shell on Android systems:
that concatenates and lists files
- cat - Program cat (short for "concatenate") concatenates files into a single file.
- chmod - Program chmod (short for "change mode") changes access modes of files and directories
to control what permissions a user can have.
- cmp - Program cmp (short for "compare") compares two files of any type and writes the results to the standard output.
- dd - Program dd copies and converts raw data.
- df - Program df (short for "disk free") displays free spaces of mounted file systems.
- id - Program id (short for "identifier") prints the uid (user id) and gid (group id) of the current user.
- gzip - Program df (short for "GNU ZIP") compresses files in ZIP format.
- kill - Program kill send signals to running processes to exit.
- ln - Program ln (short for "link") creates a link to a file or directory.
- ls - Program ls (short for "list) lists files and sub-directories of a given directory.
- mkdir - Program mkdir (short for "make directory") makes a new directory.
- mount - Program mount mounts a file system to the system's file system hierarchy.
It also displays currently-mounted files systems.
- mv - Program mv (short for "move") moves files or directories to other places in file system hierarchy.
- netcfg - Program netcfg (short for "netword configuration") creates and modifies network configuration profiles.
- netstat - Program netstat (short for "network statistics") displays network connections (both incoming and outgoing),
routing tables, and a number of network interface statistics.
- rm - Program rm (short for "remove") removes files and directories from the file system hierarchy.
- rmdir - Program rmdir (short for "remove directory") removes an existing directory.
- ping - Program ps pings a remote host to measure the round-trip time.
- printenv - Program printenv (short for "print environment") prints current environment variables.
- ps - Program ping displays statuses of currently-running processes on the system.
- umount - Program umount (short for "un-mount") removes a file system from the system's file system hierarchy.
- vmstat - Program vmstat (short for "virtual memory statistics") displays summary information about operating system memory.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Installing JDK 1.8 on Windows System
Installation of Android SDK R24 and Emulator
Installing Apache Ant 1.9 on Windows System
Developing First Android Application - HelloAndroid
Android Application Package (APK) Files
Android Debug Bridge (adb) Tool
Android File Systems
Android 4.0.3 File Systems
AboutAndroid - Application to Retrieve System Information
android.app.Activity Class and Activity Lifecycle
View Objects and Layout Resource Files
Using "adb logcat" Command for Debugging
Build Process and Package File Content
Building Your Own Web Browser
►Android Command Line Shell
What Is the Bourne Shell?
Bourne Shell Command Line Examples
►Unix/Linux Command Line Programs
Android Command Line Tools
"dalvikvm" Command to Run Java Application
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Mini Tablet
USB Debugging Applications on Samsung Tablet
Android Tablet - LG-V905R
USB Debugging Applications on LG-V905R Tablet
Android Phone - LG-P925g
USB Debugging Applications on LG-P925g Phone
PDF Printing Version