Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing Application to Tablet using "adb -d install" Command
This section provides a tutorial example on how to install the debug package of my 'HelloAndroid' application to my LG-V905R tablet using the 'adb -d install' command through the USB debugging interface.
The Android SDK document also mentions another way to install application packages to the USB connected tablet device using the "adb -d install path/to/your/app.apk" command.
1. Go to LG-V905R tablet. Tap on "Home", "Applications", then "HelloAndroid". You will see "Hello, Android" displayed on the screen.
2. Tap on "Home", "Settings", "Applications", then "Managing applications". You will see "HelloAndroid" displayed in the application list.
3. Tap on "HelloAndroid" and "Uninstall" to uninstall "HelloAndroid".
4. Go to Windows computer, try to install the "HelloAndroid" debug package to my tablet again using the "adb -d install" command.
C:\herong\HelloAndroid>\local\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb -d install bin\HelloAndroid-debug.apk 914 KB/s (14980 bytes in 0.016s) pkg: /data/local/tmp/HelloAndroid-debug.apk Success
5. Go to the tablet again. You will see "HelloAndoird" is ready to run again.
6. You can uninstall "HelloAndroid" using the "adb -d uninstall" command:
C:\herong\HelloAndroid>\local\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb -d uninstall com.herongyang Success ^C
Note that the "adb -d uninstall" command takes the Java class package name as the argument. "com.herongyang" is the package name for my "HelloAndroid" application.
Last update: 2012.
Table of Contents