Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.03, by Herong Yang
Copy PDF File to Android Emulator's File System
This section provides a tutorial example on how to copy PDF files to the Android emulator's file system using the 'adb' tool provided in the SDK package.
To test the Android PDF Viewer, I need to copy PDF files into the emulator's file system. This can also be done with the "adb" command tool.
1. Run the Android emulator through the AVD Manager and wait for the emulator to be fully booted.
2. Copy a PDF file to the Android emulator using the "adb" tool:
C:\local\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb push \ \herong\herong_book_Android.pdf /sdcard/Download 908 KB/s (3356636 bytes in 3.606s)
3. Go to Android emulator and run "Android PDF Viewer" again.
4. Click the "Browse" icon next to the "PDF File" field. herong_book_Android.pdf is listed in the /sdcard/Download folder on the emulator.
5. Click "herong_book_Android.pdf" to select the PDF file and click the "Show" button. My PDF book will be displayed on the Android PDF Viewer:
Table of Contents