JDBC for Oracle - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v3.12, by Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing JDK
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install JDK on a Windows computer.
To learn JDBC, you need to have JDK installed on your computer. If you are Windows user, you can follow what I did to download and install JDK 17 on your Windows computer.
1. Open the Java SE Download page with this URL: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/.
2. Click the "Windows" tab under the "Java SE Development Kit 17.0.1 downloads". You will see a new page with a list of different download files of JDK 17.
3. Click the hyper link of "https://download.oracle.com/java/17/latest/jdk-17_windows-x64_bin.exe", next to "x64 Installer 152 MB".
4. Save jdk-17_windows-x64_bin.exe to a temporary directory.
5. Double-click on jdk-17_windows-x64_bin.exe to start the installation wizard.
6. Follow instructions on the installation wizard to finish the installation.
To test the installation, open a command window to try the java command. If you are getting the following output, your installation is good:
herong> \progra~1\java\jdk-17.0.1\bin\java -version java version "17.0.1" 2021-10-19 LTS Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 17.0.1+12-LTS-39) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.1+12-LTS-39, mixed mode, sharing) herong> \progra~1\java\jdk-17.0.1\bin\javac -version javac 17.0.1
Congratulations, you have successfully installed JDK on your Windows computer!
Table of Contents