Archived: Java SE 8 Installation
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install JDK 1.8.0 (Java SE 8) on a Windows 7 system.
Downloading and installing JDK 1.8.0 (Java SE 1.8) on a Windows system is easy. Here is what I did
on my Windows 7 system:
- Open the Java SE Download page with this URL: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/.
- Click the download button next to "Java Platform (JDK) 8".
You will see a new page with a list of different download files of JDK 8.
- Locate the "Java SE Development Kit 8" section.
- Click the hyper link of "jdk-8-windows-i586.exe", next to "Windows x86 - 151.68 MB".
- Save jdk-8-windows-i586.exe to a temporary directory.
- Double-click on jdk-8-windows-i586.exe to start the installation wizard.
- The installation wizard will guide you to finish the installation.
To test the installation, open a command window to try the "java" command:
herong> progra~1\java\jdk1.8.0\bin\java -version
java version "1.8.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode, sharing)
Congratulations, you have successfully installed JDK on your Windows system!
Table of Contents
About This Book
JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) Introduction
JDK (Java SE) Installation
Oracle Express Edition Installation on Windows
Oracle JDBC Drivers
Oracle - Reference Implementation of JdbcRowSet
Oracle - PreparedStatement
Oracle - JBDC CallableStatement
Oracle CLOB (Character Large Object) - TEXT
Oracle BLOB (Binary Large Object) - BLOB
Archived: Downloading and Installing JDK on Windows
►Archived: Java SE 8 Installation
Archived: Java SE 1.6 Update 2 Installation
Archived: JDK 1.6 Documentation Installation
Archived: Oracle Database Express Edition (XE) Installation
Archived: Accessing Oracle Server through Web Interface
Archived: Creating Oracle Database Users
Archived: SQL*Plus - Oracle Command Line Interface
Archived: JDBC Thin Client-Side Driver Installation
Full Version in PDF/EPUB