Introduction to GB2312
A quick introduction of GB2312 is provided. Topics include GB2312 character set; Location Codes; Native Codes; Unicode; GBK encoding and Unicode character set.
What Is GB2312 Character Set
GB2312 Location Codes and Native Codes
GB2312 vs. Unicode
GB2312, GBK and GB18030
GB2312 Usage Trends
- GB2312 was introduced in 1980 by China with 7,445 Chinese characters included.
- GB2312 organize characters in a table with 94 rows and 94 columns.
- Each GB2312 character gets a Location Code based on its row number and column number.
- Each GB2312 character gets a Native Code derived from its Location Code.
- GB2312 Encoding uses a single byte for ASCII codes,
and a double byte sequence for GB2312 Native Codes with 0x80 added to both bytes.
Table of Contents
About This Book - GB2312 Tutorials
►Introduction to GB2312
GB2312Unicode.java - GB2312 to Unicode Mapping
GB2312 to Unicode Mapping - Non-Chinese Characters
GB2312 to Unicode Mapping - Level 1 Characters
GB2312 to Unicode Mapping - Level 2 Characters
UnicodeGB2312.java - Unicode to GB2312 Mapping
Unicode to GB2312 Mapping - All 7,445 Characters
References of This Book - GB2312 Tutorials
PDF Printing Version