About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - Unicode Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Website URL: http://www.herongyang.com/Unicode -
Provides latest updates and readers' comments.
Title: Unicode Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Dr. Herong Yang
Version/Edition: Version 5.20, 2019
Number of pages in PDF format: 385
This Unicode tutorial book is a collection of notes and sample codes written
by the author while he was learning Unicode himself.
Character Sets and Encodings;
GB2312/GB18030 Character Set and Encodings;
JIS X0208 Character Set and Encodings;
Unicode Character Set;
Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP);
Unicode Transformation Formats (UTF);
Surrogates and Supplementary Characters;
Unicode Character Blocks;
Java Character Set and Encoding;
Java Encoding Maps, Counts and Conversion.
ASCII, BMP, character set, encoding, decoding, GB, GB18030, GB2312, GBK, ISO-8859, Java, JDK, JIS, Surrogate, UTF, Unicode.
- 1,552,869 times as of December 2018.
- 1,338,708 times as of December 2017.
- 1,161,476 times as of December 2016.
- 990,563 times as of December 2015.
- 778,954 times as of December 2014.
- 555,987 times as of December 2013.
- 365,209 times as of December 2012.
- 211,527 times as of December 2011.
- 116,668 times as of December 2010.
- 78,928 times as of December 2009.
- Version 5.20, 2015. Updated to Unicode 8.0.
- Version 5.00, 2009. Reformatted in hyPub format.
- Version 4.00, 2005. Added GB18030 tutorials.
- Version 3.00, 2001. Updated to Unicode 3.0.
- Version 2.00, 1997. Added GB2312 tutorials.
- Version 1.00, 1995. Started with character encoding tutorials.
- This book is under Copyright © 1995-2019 by Dr. Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- Code examples are provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Character Sets and Encodings
ASCII Character Set and Encoding
GB2312 Character Set and Encoding
GB18030 Character Set and Encoding
JIS X0208 Character Set and Encodings
Unicode Character Set
UTF-8 (Unicode Transformation Format - 8-Bit)
UTF-16, UTF-16BE and UTF-16LE Encodings
UTF-32, UTF-32BE and UTF-32LE Encodings
Java Language and Unicode Characters
Character Encoding in Java
Character Set Encoding Maps
Encoding Conversion Programs for Encoded Text Files
Using Notepad as a Unicode Text Editor
Using Microsoft Word as a Unicode Text Editor
Using Microsoft Excel as a Unicode Text Editor
Unicode Code Point Blocks - Code Charts
Full Version in PDF/EPUB